British Lit: Shakespeare AliveTeacher: Kathy Abelanet
Grade Level(s): 10th-12th
Class Cost and Length in Weeks:
$18/week for 32 Weeks*
$50 material fee
Class Size: Min 5 / Max 14
We will explore the world of Shakespeare – the language, the history, the intrigue! As we study the writings of this mastermind, his vivid imagery, intricate thought, and meaningful themes will serve as an inspiration to help us develop our own thinking and writing. We will act out scenes, memorize soliloquies, and bring the thespian out in all of us! After all, “the play’s the thing!” Come prepared to engage in lively discussions and conversations centered around the analysis of universal themes, thoughts, and truths. This course provides the opportunity for free and open exchange of ideas sparked by the common attention given to the world according to Shakespeare!
Plays for 2018/2019
All plays are Folger Shakespeare Library editions. The ISBNs for the mass market paperback bindings are listed below. Other bindings are fine, but they must be Folger Shakespeare Library editions.
1) Julius Caesar – Folger Shakespeare Library: 978-0743482745
2) Julius Caesar – Progeny Press study guide
3) A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Folger Shakespeare Library:
4) A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Memoria Press study guide*
*Parent needs to order on-line- we will not carry. ISBN 978-1-61538-242-2 (Rainbow Resource carries it. https://www.rainbowresource.com/product/proddtl?id=036249)
5) Macbeth – Folger Shakespeare Library: 978-0743477109
6) Macbeth – Progeny Press study guide
7)Othello - 978-0743477550
8) The Merchant of Venice- 978-0743477567
9) The Merchant of Venice -- Progeny Press study guide
10) Hamlet - Folger Shakespeare Library:Folger Shakespeare
*Please see our Payment Details page for more information.