"Education is not the filling of a bucket but the lighting of a fire." - William Butler Yeats
The Center for Home Education is a place to learn, laugh, create, and connect, because learning should be fun, stimulating and purposeful!
The goals of the New to Homeschooling Workshop are to help you become:
- Informed.... Know your options
- Inspired.... Develop the passion needed to do the job.
- Equipped.... Have the tools you need to do the job.
We cover the 10 most frequently asked questions about homeschooling:
- How do I know if I'm qualified?
- Where do I begin?
- Homeschool methods and philosophies: How do I know what method is right for me?
- What curriculum should I buy?
- How much time does it take?
- How do I teach multiple levels?
- What about difficult subjects like algebra and chemistry?
- What about me? Will I have a life?
- How can I be sure my kids aren't missing anything? (Testing)
- What about socialization?