Math 7/8Teacher: Jeffrey Chadwick
Grade Level(s): 7th-8th
Class Cost and Length in Weeks:
$24/week for 32 Weeks*
$20 material fee
Class Size: Min 5 / Max 12
Fundamentals of Math seeks to firm up the math foundation laid in previous years, filling in any cracks and misunderstandings of the basic structure of our math system. Whole numbers, number theory, equations, decimals, and fractions are emphasized in the context of understanding how these principles work, going beyond rote memorization of procedures. Measurements, both customary and metric, principles of geometry, as well as percent, sets, and statistics complete the basic groundwork necessary for developing the confidence and competence needed to solve real-life problems.
BJU Fundamentals of Math, Second edition
1) Student text: 978-1-59166-375-1 (copyright 2009) or 978-1-62856-072-5 (c2016)
2) Teacher edition required : 978-1-59166-721-6
1) Inexpensive Scientific Calculator
2) Spiral or 3-ring notebook with paper
3) Clear protractor (minimum 5-inch straight edge)
4) Clear ruler (minimum 12 inches)
5) Standard graph paper
Class Prerequisites: After registration, student must pass a multiplication quiz in order to be accepted into the class.
*Please see our Payment Details page for more information.