Elementary Reader’s Theatre
5th-8th gradeTeacher: Jeffrey Chadwick
Grade Level(s): 4-6
Class Cost and Length in Weeks:
$12/week for 32 Weeks*
$30 material fee
Class Size: Min 5 / Max 12
This class is for students who do not want to be in a stage production but would like to learn about the performing arts. Students will use only vocal expressions as they read a script adapted from literature. It requires no sets, costumes, props, or memorized lines. Reading fluency will improve throughout the year. This would be a good class for reluctant readers.
- Who is my character?
- What do they think?
- Why are they the way they are?
- What can I do to make my character more real?
- What kinds of voices, facial expressions, and reactions should characters have as the other characters are speaking?
Students will learn:
- Basic vocabulary of theatre- IE: stage left/right/program/break a leg
- Costume design and importance of stage productions
- Prop design and use in stage productions
- Survey of responsibilities of the sound and light technicians
They will end the year with a performance just for the parents and their family.
*Please see our Payment Details page for more information.